Join The Team
C&R Communications is an award-winning PR agency based in Santa Monica, CA and is looking to add an Account Executive to our team. Our core practice areas are luxury hospitality and resort real estate. A few of our current partners include Four Seasons Oahu, Four Seasons Resort & Residences Anguilla; Montage Residences Kapalua Bay and Palmetto Bluff; CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort; Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts; Intercontinental Los Angeles; Hualalai Resort; Kukui’ula; Mayakoba (Rosewood, Banyan Tree and Fairmont); Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain; Andaz Scottsdale; Martis Camp, etc. While national and regional media relations are the core focus of our campaigns, we also execute strategic partnerships, social media campaigns, establish branding initiatives and support existing marketing programs.
*1-2 years’ prior travel/hospitality PR experience is required
Account Executives are core team members at C&R. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of agency or in-house experience in hospitality and possesses knowledge and passion for the travel industry. An AE is responsible for securing A-list media results, day-to-day client communication, proactive media relations as well as uncovering and developing new media relationships.
Summer Internship Program
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE:
C&R is seeking a motivated, energetic and highly organized individual to join the team as a part-time public relations intern this summer. Communications and PR majors in their junior and senior years of college with past internship experience are preferred. Excellent communication skills and a strong interest in hospitality PR are essential to succeed in this position.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The eight-week paid internship program will begin June 5, 2017 and end July 28, 2017. Interns will work an average of 12 hours a week learning the ins and outs of the hospitality and real estate PR industries, supporting account team members with day-to-day responsibilities and executing campaigns. Interns will be assigned four accounts and work alongside team members to build out a personal PR portfolio. Interns will leave the program with a comprehensive understanding of the hospitality/ real estate PR industries and invaluable skill set as they begin their PR career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining media lists and learning Cision, our media database
- Drafting and editing copy for press releases, pitches and media materials
- Securing print and online coverage for clients through targeted media outreach
- Compiling media briefing sheets and talking points
- Reviewing incoming HAROs and monitoring Google Alerts
- Tracking all press coverage and clipping press hits
- Attending meetings/ calls and taking notes
- Being an active member of company brainstorming sessions
- Accompanying team members to local media meetings
- Excellent writer
- Extremely organized
- Professional demeanor
- Eagerness to learn
- Proficient multitasker
- Driven to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Job type: Part-time, on-site
- Job length: 8 weeks
- Academic Credit: Upon request
- Compensation: $12/hour
A few additional perks include:
- Great team, office space, fun environment
- Flex start time; chose between 7:30 — 4:30 to 9 — 6.
- Fridays — leave at 2pm
- For AS and above and after 1 yr at C&R, ability to work one day from home
- Health Insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- 401K/Profit Sharing after one year
- Birthday Day Off
- Xmas — New Years skeletal crew and off; does not count against vacation
- Trainings, Lunch & Learn series, happy hours/team outings